City of Jonesville – (1) Full Time Police Officer AND (1) Part-Time Police Officer/Immediate Opening
The City of Jonesville is seeking a positive, self-motivated, conscientious individual to serve as a police officer. This shift work position is responsible for providing police services to the residents of the City of Jonesville, performing a wide variety of law enforcement/community activities.
Successful candidate must be MCOLES certifiable, a high school graduate, and possess a valid Michigan driver’s license. Associate’s degree in criminal justice or related field is preferred. Testing consists of written exam, oral interview, background investigation, physical examination, including drug screen.
This position is well suited for a new officer as well as a police officer with previous experience who wants to work in a friendly, small town environment. All equipment, including ballistic vest is furnished.
Full-Time Pay Range: $19.15/hr - $24.99/hr; starting pay DOQ.
Full-Time Comprehensive Benefits Package provided:
- High Deductible Health Insurance plan (1,350/2,700), 10% premium co-share
- Vision and Dental Insurance, 20% premium co-share
- Pension ICMA 401(a) defined contribution – City contribution equal to 5% of wages, with an employee contribution of 5, 7 or 10%
- Optional ICMA deferred compensation and Roth IRA
- Disability $1,500/mo. benefit, 20% premium co-share
- Life Insurance policy provided - $50,000 benefit
- Optional cancer and accident coverage
- Paid holidays, earned vacation, sick and personal leave
Part-Time Officer Pay Range: $15.50 - $19.15/hr; starting pay DOQ
Send a letter of interest, detailed resume, a copy of educational transcripts, City of Jonesville job application form, together with five (5) professional/personal references with phone numbers to: City of Jonesville- Attention Chief Mike Lance, 116 W. Chicago Rd., Jonesville, MI. 49250.
To obtain a copy of the City job application form, please go to the city website at www.jonesville.org. Click the link for a copy of the Police Officer Position Description.
Email submissions accepted at email@example.com.
Qualified applicants will be scheduled for an interview upon receipt of the above required information as this position is currently open.
Closing Date: Friday, October 4, 2019, at 5:00 pm.
The City of Jonesville is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender or disability in its programs or activities.