(1) FULL-TIME AND (1) PART-TIME POLICE OFFICER
The Jonesville Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of a Full-time and a Part-time Police Officer.
Essential job functions:
- Patrol in a vehicle
- Respond to calls for service
- Make arrests
- Prepare narrative crime reports and non-criminal reports, criminal investigations and follow-up traffic crash investigations
- Participate in training sessions
- Participate in our many community-oriented events
- Display a positive and professional attitude and demeanor
- Detain search and question suspects as appropriate
- Patrolling city streets, parks, commercial and residential areas
- Preserve the peace and enforce the law
- Control vehicular traffic
- Prevent or detect and investigate misconduct involving misdemeanors, felonies and other law violations
- Obtaining evidence and compile information regarding crimes
- Prepare cases for filing of charges
- Testifying in court
- Carry out duties in conformance with Federal, State, City ordinances, departmental policies and procedures and other related activities
- Must be of good moral character
- Associates degree in law enforcement, criminal justice or a related field required
- Must be licensed, licensable as a police officer by MCOLES
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be 21 years or older at the time of employment
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid driver's license
- No felony convictions and/or disqualifying criminal histories
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Ability to successfully complete all phases of the selection process.
- Pass extensive personal and professional background check
- Pass medical, psychological and drug testing.
Click here for more job details.
TO APPLY, SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME AND COMPLETED EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION TO:
Kurt Etter, Chief of Police
Jonesville Police Department
265 E. Chicago Rd.
Jonesville, MI 49250
The City of Jonesville is seeking applications from individuals interested in serving this community. Prior experience is not required. The City will provide all training and equipment.
Some of the duties of a Jonesville Firefigher:
- Respond to any fire - Structural, Vehicle, Wildland, Etc.
- Vehicle and Personal Injury Accidents
- Gas and Odor Investigations
- Hazmat Incidents
- Citizen Assists: Animal Rescue, Etc.
- Electrical Wires Down
- Community Events
- Fire Safety Education Events
Volunteer Firefighters are paid for each call, meeting, and training session that they attend. Firefighters are not expected to leave work if their regular employment does not allow.
Interested applicants should submit a completed application form to:
Jonesville City Hall
265 E. Chicago Street
Jonesville, MI 49250
Contact any Jonesville City Firefighter of City Hall for more information about the Department and this opportunity.